Awarded by the World's Largest Organisation for Professional Marketers
This dynamic qualification will provide you with knowledge underpinning the principles of digital marketing and skills to undertake digital marketing planning. The qualification covers Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay Per Click (PPC), types of online advertising, email marketing, viral marketing, online PR, affiliate marketing and social media. It also looks at digital metrics, legislation, regulation and codes of practice.
Why Study this Course?
You will have the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge to understand the fundamental planning concepts for an online organisation as well as key factors in implementation, measurement and evaluation of successful campaigns. Digital marketing has evolved from a peripheral element of organisational marketing to one which is at the hub of customer-centric communications in an increasingly multi-channel environment. This qualification will ensure that you are equipped to deal with this shift and make the most of the new business opportunities on offer.
In addition, you will study the similarities and differences covering the mix elements in traditional and digital marketing, along with issues such as relationship marketing, permission and consumer concerns around privacy, trust and security
Course Content & Assessment
Unit 1: Digital Marketing Essentials
This unit aims to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge necessary for digital marketing within organisations. The four sections are: Digital Tools, Planning, Implementing and monitoring. Teaching and assessment covers SEO, PPC, ad types, email marketing, viral marketing, online PR, affiliate marketing and social media. It also looks at digital metrics in the form of VOC, A/B Tests and Usability studies. Legislations, regulations and codes of practice are examined.
Unit 2: Digital Marketing Planning
The unit aims to provide programme members with the skills and knowledge to understand the fundamental planning concepts for an online organisation together with key factors in implementation, measurement and evaluation of successful campaigns. Digital marketing has evolved from a peripheral element of organisational marketing to one which is at the hub of customer centric communications in an increasingly multi-channel environment (e.g Mobile).
The unit will consider a range of environmental factors both internal and external (e.g. Legal) that will shape and influence the digital marketing planning process. Various e-business models will be explored. In addition, similarities and differences covering the mix elements in traditional and digital marketing will be addressed along with issues such as relationship marketing, permission and consumer concerns around privacy, trust and security.
Unit 3: Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
This unit aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary in managing marketing communications and brand support activities within organisations. The unit explains the links between communications and marketing and provides knowledge of fundamental theories of consumer behaviour, and their application to marketing communications.
To successfully gain the Diploma in Digital Marketing you must pass one assessment for each of the three units listed below.
- Unit 1: Digital Marketing Essentials
- Unit 2: Digital Marketing Planning
- Unit 3: Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
What You Get
- Detailed welcome pack and course guide available online
- Set of 4 CIM recommended work/text books, one for each unit
- Access to high quality online tutorials and videos delivered by experienced university lecturers
- Your own online learning system user access and progress tracking
- Quick response and support from a dedicated Courses Manager as your daily point of contact
- Expert support from an experienced eTutor to help you through your assessment
- Live introductory webinar for each unit to give you the best start possible
- Live assessment webinars with tips and guidance helping you to understand and tackle the assignment brief
- Unlimited playback options for any sessions missed
- Specialised live webinars directed towards techniques to succeed in examination unit
- Feedback and guidance service on your draft assignments
- Access to Linkedin group to meet other professional students studying on this course
- We arrange your assessment entry so you don't have to stress about getting forms sent to CIM for each exam board
- Flexible course schedule to accommodate for your holidays and any urgent things that may pop-up
- Bonus: Access to online video keynote lectures from industry leaders from Google, Facebook, eBay and more
- Bonus: Access live Mastermind webinars teaching 'how-to' aspects of social media marketing
Entry Criteria & Enrolment
Entry CriteriaAll candidates must have achieved at least one of the following:
- Have a suitable competence in a marketing or Marketing Communications related role
- Hold any recognised UK degree or equivalent level 5 qualification
- Have a relevant level 3 or above qualification (eg CIM Professional CIPR Advanced Certificate in Public Relations, etc)
Those with significant communications industry experience, but without the formal qualifications, can apply for special consideration of their circumstances.