The Introductory Certificate in Marketing is for all those who want to find out more about marketing – whether you’re in a job that involves marketing or not. It answers the question: What is marketing? But it also aims to develop knowledge and skills for people who are working to support others in basic marketing tasks.
This CIM qualification is delivered through e-Learning over 4 months, assessed by one written assignment and one exam. The e-learning units comprise of high quality learning tutorials and videos from world leading marketing experts, see below to view some free tutorials.
MMC learning is the CIM Accredited Study Centre for working professionals providing cutting edge learning content with flexible ways to learn supported by a dedicated, experienced team of tutors and eCourse support staff. Now serving learners from small to large companies in over 50 countries!
Why Study this Course?
By the end of this qualification you should:
- Understand the function of marketing and its role in an organisation know about the four Ps (product, price, place and promotion) and how to apply the marketing mix
- Understand more about customers and managing customer relationships.
- Be able to communicate to both internal and external customers using a variety of different means
The benefits of gaining the CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing are:
- Opening doors that before seemed impossible.
- Take your first steps on the pathway to a successful career in marketing.
- Add value to your job by understanding the basic marketing tools.
- With this CIM course, gain a recognised marketing qualificationo Maximise on your professional development: while working with the distance learning marketing course.
Course Content & Assessment
There are two units covered in the course:
What is Marketing?
- Section 1 – Understanding the role and function of marketing
- Section 2 – Understanding the marketing environment
- Section 3 – The marketing mix
- Section 4 – How marketing is applied in different organisational contexts
Understanding Customer Relationships
- Section 1 – Understanding customers
- Section 2 – Building and maintaining effective internal and external customer relationships
- Section 3 – Communicating with internal and external customers
- Section 4 – Providing customer service for internal and external customers
There are two modules:
- The first involves a one-hour online test
- For the second, you submit a written project made up of several brief work-based tasks.
We have a team of experienced, dedicated etutors to help you successfully complete all the assessments.
What You Get
The package you receive will include everything you need to study and successfully complete the course to gain the qualification.
- Detailed welcome pack and course guide sent to you in the post
- CIM recommended work/text book
- Access to high quality online tutorials and videos
- Support from an allocated Course Manager as the daily point of contact for any advice and guidance
- Support from an experienced eTutor to help you through your assessment
Entry Criteria & Enrolment
This is an ‘open’ qualification, which means you don’t need any previous qualifications or marketing experience.
However, if you are working or have some business experience, this will certainly help you put your learning into context.
If English isn’t your first language, you will also need to provide us with evidence of at least IELTS 6.5 proficiency or Trinity ISE III/IV.